Saturday, September 24, 2011

Campus Field Trip

I thought the field trip that we took to the campus nature trail was mediocre. I have to admit that I don't really love walking around outside and being "one with nature". I appreciate it for it's aesthetic beauty and I would never want it to be destroyed for worldly pursuits, but I just don't find Florida's environment to be all that pretty or interesting. That's why I was a little annoyed walking around an area of Ft. Myers that looked like everything else I've ever seen in Florida. But I will say that I think it is very admirable that FGCU gives students access to such trails. I think their existence is consistent with the "eco-empowerment" theme that FGCU is trying to uphold. It is commendable that a university tries to promote eco-friendliness and encourages students to get outside and appreciate the things around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment